One of the toughest decisions one has to make when moving to Orange County is which neighborhood to live in. This region has a wide variety of options that offer high quality of life standards. Here we will look at what makes Costa Mesa one of the top picks in the county and the best way to go about finding an ideal home.
Reasons to Settle in Costa Mesa
Strategically located between San Diego and Los Angeles, Costa Mesa is a great place for young professionals and families to enjoy. Reputed for its clean and safe environment, it hosts a population of about 112,930. Offering great suburban living with easy access to a variety of shopping outlets and restaurants means there is plenty to do during your downtime. Home to the LA Chargers, the Pacific Amphitheatre, and Orange County Fair, there are also plenty of seasonal entertainments to check out.
With its southern border, less than a mile from the Pacific Coast, and the Santa Ana River Trail nearby, outdoor enthusiasts with a penchant for healthy living have plenty of options beyond local parks. 61% of residents rent their homes, with the median home value estimated at $671,800. There is a good mix of housing options including detached, townhouses, and condos. The area has many highly rated schools to choose from, including Orange County School of Arts, Plaza Vista, and the Waldorf School of Orange County.
What to Look for in A Good Realtor
Whether you are new to the area, or a resident looking to sell or upgrade in the same region, engaging the services of Costa Mesa realtors is your best option. While online platforms like Realtor.com and Zillow can provide you with a good idea of what is in the market, there are a few reasons you should still opt to hire a local professional.
- Local Knowledge– This is particularly important for newcomers that are not familiar with the neighborhoods and have a list of requirements to be filled. A realtor can help to quickly narrow down to the best neighborhoods that fit the bill and have access to unlisted homes for sale in Costa Mesa CA. Sellers can get the necessary help in better preparing their property for the market and setting the right price based on recent comparables. Realtors can also help filter out time-wasters and channel serious buyers their way.
- Legalities– There is a lot of paperwork involved in buying or selling a home with most real estate files being between 1-3 inches. The disclosures can be even heftier with foreclosure and distressed property sales. A good realtor will have the expertise to ensure all is in order before you sign on the dotted lines.
- Network of Referrals– From tradesmen and home stagers to home inspectors and mortgage brokers, there is a chance a seller or buyer will need extra help to move things along. Experienced Costa Mesa realtors can recommend other professionals in the field to help achieve your goals.
- Negotiation Skills– You will always get a better result when you have a realtor who understands the business and ably acts on your behalf when dealing with sellers or buyers. Even if you do lose out on the deal, they can quickly move on to finding you a better choice at the price you are looking for.
The Top 3 Costa Mesa Realtors
1. Larry Weichman – The L3
If looking for experience in your realtor, then Larry is your best choice. With over 30 years’ experience in the real estate industry, he has earned a great reputation for being personable and highly knowledgeable of the Costa Mesa region. His clients can comfortably rely on his insights to guide them to the best choice of homes and his negotiation skills are phenomenal.
A long-standing member of the California Association of Realtors and National Association of Realtors Chairman, he has cultivated a wide network of contacts in the business that his clients have long benefited from, even beyond just the home buying/selling process. His warmth, tenacity, and charisma have helped put his clients at ease and made them feel less like a professional obligation, and more like personal friends.
2. Khoi Le – Torelli Realty
Well known for his responsiveness and flexibility, Khoi has become a top choice of OC realtors. He has endeared himself to clients through his prompt communication and attention to detail. His ability to accommodate a variety of schedules and other client demands without batting an eye has helped many become less stressed over these transactions.
With over 7 years working in sales, he has taken advantage of the negotiating skills learned and knowledge acquired in the real estate business to work out great deals for his clients. His patience, intelligence, and calm demeanor are a lethal combination that any real estate investor will want on their side.
3. Rand Penrod – Villa Real Estate
A highly regarded professional in the real estate business, Rand has excellent intimate knowledge of the Orange County market. Costa Mesa homes for sale listed by Rand tend to have a quick closing thanks to his excellent marketing strategies that have worked well for clients that are time-pressed. Buyers are not left out as they get to enjoy quick responses to their queries, any time of day.
His background in lending and finance and over two decades’ experience in Orange County real estate has ideally positioned him to advise on the financial considerations of clients and put them in touch with qualified mortgage professionals. A keen listener, Rand ensures that he fully understands his client needs before using this to find them their perfect home. His knowledge of the region allows him to make recommendations that unerringly fit just what the client wants.